Pumpkin Painting is always a fun activity & a great way to spend time with loved ones.
What you’ll need:
- Pumpkin. I purchased a faux pumpkin on sale at Kroger so I can enjoy it for years to come.
- Acrylic paint
- Paint palette. I used a paper plate.
- Paint brushes
What you do:
- Brush on a few abstract flowers.
- I like to start with blocked colors and gradually add colors on top.
- Final touch- Highlight the petals using white paint with a small brush.
- Adding text freehand or using a stencil is another option.
- Enjoy your coffee
Or carve, paint & bedazzle a real one!
(Circa 2010 Dillards employee pumpkin contest…I didn’t win)
Artist tip: If you have left over paint or need to stop painting you can save your paint by covering securely and storing in the freezer. With acrylic paint you just need to add a little water on your brush to bring it back to life.
Join my Facebook group Coffee Craft and share your painted pumpkins!!